Halloween events in Devon: 15 great things to do this October half term
PUBLISHED: 12:12 15 October 2019 | UPDATED: 11:43 18 October 2019
As Halloween descends all over Devon many of our top attractions have specially themed events perfect for you and the kids. Here are 15 great Halloween events in Devon
1) Spooktacular Half-Term Tricks and Treats at The Donkey Sanctuary - October 19 - November 3
The Donkey Sanctuary offers a packed programme of 'spooktacular' fun this October half term. It's the perfect opportunity to get the family outdoors and enjoy a host of autumnal activities including pumpkin carving, a Trick or Treat Trail and the Bat Beacon.
2) Pumpkin Fest at Strawberry Fields, Lifton - October 19 - 27
Pick your own pumpkin, take a tractor ride, make your way through the maize maze or enjoy something from the pumpkin-themed menu.
3) Halloween Hocus Pocus at The Milky Way Adventure Park - October 19 - 31
Enrol in a special school for witches and wizards to get your very own taste of Hogwarts life right here in Devon.
4) Halloween Half Term Fun at Kents Cavern - October 29 - November 3
Head underground to complete a subterranean pumpkin hunt, have a go at the woodland bat challenge and try to guess the weight of their pumpkin for the chance to win a free pair of tickets to the Exeter Underground Passages.
5) Witches and Wizards Tours at Exeter Underground Passages - Contact them directly for dates
For half term Exeter council are running a special range of tours to introduce young witches and wizards to the labyrinth of tunnels lying beneath our city.
6) Halloween Fun at Quince Honey Farm - October 19 - November 3
As well as all their usual selection of bee-themed activities, you can craft a paper pumpkin, create a spider headband, have an encounter with some creepy crawlies or make a blood red candle.
Some more spooky and seasonal things to do:
7) Halloween at Crealy - October 19 - 27
Standard admission to this popular family fun park will also get you all of their spooktacular activities including a scarecrow scare maze, a creaky hotel and a chance to get a free pumpkin.
8) October Half Term at Arlington Court - October 19 - 27
Head to this popular National Trust location to follow their bats trail, create a rag rug or to embark on a spooky night walk.
9) Halloween Festival at Big Sheep Bideford - October 19 - 27
The Big Sheep will be taken over by all sorts of paranormal entities over the half term period and you can join them with a number of creepy activities including a witches flying school and a haunted hayride.
10) Autumn Half Term Week & Hallowe'en at Pecorama - October 19 - 31
Don your most terrifying fancy dress and visit Pecorama for a ride on the Beer 'Frights' Light Railway or have some fun on their fangtastic indoor play station if the weather isn't great.
11) Dinosaur Half Term Halloween Horrors at Torquay's Dinosaur World - October 19 - 27
Things would have been scary enough when dinosaurs ruled the world but now they will be even more frightening with some Halloween spooks thrown into the mix!
12) October Half Term at Pennywell Farm - October 19 - 27
This half term will be Gruffts at Pennywell with goats of all shapes and sizes being celebrated through a range of different activities. We're not kidding, this is one you won't want to miss.
13) Back to the Future for Halloween at World of Country Life, Exmouth - October 19 - November 3
There will be two whole weeks of Halloween-themed fun for the family with the Back to the Future shows being a particular highlight.
14) Day of the Dead Festival at Westward Ho!- October 25
Celebrate life and fondly remember those who are no longer with us in this Mexican-inspired festival featuring a procession, lots of interactive entertainment and fireworks to finish the night off.
15) Halloween Happenings at Babbacombe Model Village - October 24 - 31
In the daytime make your way through their new Halloween Labyrinth and after the sun has gone down return to see the village illuminated with all sorts of spooky effects.