QUIZ: Devon’s film connections
PUBLISHED: 15:33 13 November 2018 | UPDATED: 17:20 13 November 2018
With breathtaking beaches, rolling countryside, stately homes and unique villages, it’s no wonder high-profile film productions flock to Devon - how well do you know the movies that have set up camp here however?
Full explanations to each question are listed below the quiz!
1) Sense and Sensibility, which brought film fans flocking to the National Trust property
2) Dark Shadows, which was filmed entirely in England
3) Catch Me If You Can starred the Dave Clark Five and even features the Bigbury to Burgh Island sea tractor
4) Saunton Sands, which was also covered in hospital beds for the cover of Pink Floyd’s A Momentary Lapse of Reason album
5) War Horse, which features scenes on the moor near Meavy and Sheepstor
6) The Shout, which includes scenes filmed at Hartland Abbey and Saunton Sands
7) The Remains of the Day included scenes shot on the castle’s famous blue staircase and domed music room
8) Newton Abbot, where 500 fans had gathered after news of the Fab Four’s special train got out
9) Dartmoor Zoo, which Ben Mee bought and opened in 2007
10) Teignmouth, from where Crowhurst set off on his final voyage in 1968
See below for more quizzes on Devon!