- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: British
- Main Ingredient: Carrots
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 400g Chantenay or baby carrots
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Streamline thin cut orange marmalade
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3-4 stalks thyme, leaves picked
- Salt and black pepper
Boil or steam the carrots until tender. Heat a frying pan and dry fry the cumin seeds for a moment or two until they become fragrant. Stir in the thin cut orange marmalade, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of water until the marmalade has melted into a glaze.
Drain the carrots and toss them in the glaze until they look glossy.
Sprinkle over the thyme leaves and season. Continue to toss until everything is well coated, then pour into a serving dish.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Could you get all your Christmas food and drink from Devon producers?
- Exeter in winter: 10 great places to go
- 19 wonderful reasons to visit Devon this Christmas
- 5 things to do in Devon this weekend
- One reader’s Christmas message: “Cherish your marriage, nurture, love, and respect each other”
- 41 great Christmas gift ideas from Devon
- Toot in Plymouth: Restaurateur Edmond Davari tells us more about his latest venture
- Pantomimes and Christmas shows in Devon: 12 great performances to see
- WIN £250 to spend on your home and garden with Grand Illusions
- Famous Devonians quiz: How well do you know our celebrities and historical figures?