Herby new season lamb with minted peas - Recipe
Mon Apr 02 10:17:13 BST 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Lamb
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 2 tablespoons English mustard, by Sainsbury's
2 x 6 bone-trimmed rack of lamb
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1 x 28g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into even-size chunks
20g unsalted butter
25ml semi-skimmed milk
400g frozen British petit pois by Sainsbury's
2 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
2 tablespoons Sainsbury’s British half-fat crème fraîche
Juice of 1 lemon
This delicious herby new season lamb with minted peas serves four and is a perfect spring dish...
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, 180ºC fan, gas 6.
2. Spread the mustard over the lamb. Mix together the parmesan and parsley and sprinkle over the top.
3. Put on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes for medium, or 25-30 minutes for well done. Rest for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile cook the veg.
4. Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and mash with the butter and milk. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
5. For the peas, cook in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes until tender.
6. Drain, reserving 1 or 2 tablespoons of the water, and return to the pan.
7. Add the mint, crème fraîche, lemon juice and reserved water, and crush with a potato masher.
8. Carve the lamb into cutlets and serve with the veg.