Mitch Tonks' new Fish i-Phone App - available from the iTunes store
PUBLISHED: 10:56 26 November 2010 | UPDATED: 18:14 20 February 2013
Local restaurateur and seafood supremo, Mitch Tonks has launched what is the first iPhone app dedicated to fish skills and seafood recipes.
With a store flooded with apps for the iPhone youd be forgiven for thinking there would be a hundred just about fish and seafood but surprisingly there arent. Local restaurateur and seafood supremo, Mitch Tonks has launched what is the first app dedicated to fish skills and seafood recipes.
At just 2.99 this may well be the most popular stocking filler you can treat yourself & your friends to this Christmas. If you cook less fish at home than youd like to, it may well be because you are unsure of the best way to handle fish and need a bit of guidance with techniques. Mitch says that his seafood cookery schools are generally packed with people in need of a bit of advice and inspiration who come away brimming with confidence and a new found evangelism about cooking more seafood for friends. Whilst the app might not replace the fun of a cookery school it certainly demystifies the preparation and cooking of fish and shellfish and provides you with all sorts of handy skills and tips, all at the touch of a button and a fraction of the cost!
The Eat Fish app includes:
- 17 videos showing techniques such as preparing crab and filleting a fish
- 6 step by step guides to the most commonly asked questions in the fishmongers
- 27 recipes that range from simple suppers to impressive treats that anyone will be able to do
- Seasonal information on the best fish to eat month by month
- Over 40 species of fish covered
- Tasting notes that really help you to think about different textures & flavours & trying something new
It would take weeks to find all the information & resources on this little app but you can just download it from the app store by searching mitch tonks or eat fish.
Mitch Tonks said, Im really excited about this app. My wish has always been to try to show how easy fish is to prepare team whove put this together with me are geniuses. If you like seafood as much as I do, I think youll love it.