- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: British
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- Makes 6-8
- 275g Dark chocolate
- 225g Unsalted butter
- 400g Caster sugar
- 12 Fresh vanilla pod
- 5 Large eggs
- 200g Plain flour
- Melted butter
- Cocoa powder
For a perfect after-dinner Valentine’s treat, try these gooey-in-the-middle chocolate fondants.
• Preheat oven to 180° c • Brush your moulds with butter, dust with cocoa powder & shake out the excess. • Melt chocolate & butter in a bain marie (a heatproof bowl, over a pan of simmering water) until melted. • Remove from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla • Whisk the eggs and add the chocolate mixture to the eggs • Gently fold in the sieved flour • Pour into a Dariole mould and bake for 15 minutes. • Turn out and serve.
Blacksmith’s Loft is a fine-dining restaurant in Derby’s vibrant Cathedral Quarter. All of their ingredients used are sourced form local suppliers. www.blacksmithsloft.co.uk
Newsletter Sign Up
- Could you get all your Christmas food and drink from Devon producers?
- Exeter in winter: 10 great places to go
- 19 wonderful reasons to visit Devon this Christmas
- 5 things to do in Devon this weekend
- One reader’s Christmas message: “Cherish your marriage, nurture, love, and respect each other”
- 41 great Christmas gift ideas from Devon
- Toot in Plymouth: Restaurateur Edmond Davari tells us more about his latest venture
- Pantomimes and Christmas shows in Devon: 12 great performances to see
- WIN £250 to spend on your home and garden with Grand Illusions
- Famous Devonians quiz: How well do you know our celebrities and historical figures?