Star-studded performance of Ruth Rendell classic coming to Barnstaple
PUBLISHED: 11:47 19 October 2017 | UPDATED: 11:51 19 October 2017
‘A Judgement in Stone’ will run from October 23 - 28 and will star many actors from British TV and figures from popular culture
The Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple will welcome the Classic Thriller Theatre Company from October 23 for their performance of Ruth Rendell’s ‘A Judgement in Stone’.
This thriller tells the story of Eunice, an illiterate housekeeper who joins a wealthy family and is forced to hide her shortcomings from her new employers with potentially fatal consequences.
The impressive cast list includes:
- Chris Ellison (The Bill and Burnside) as Detective Superintendent Vetch
- Robert Duncan (Drop the Dead Donkey) as George Coverdale
- Sophie Ward (Young Sherlock Holmes and Heartbeat) as Eunice Parchman
- Antony Costa (from the boy band Blue) as Rodge Meadows
- Deborah Grant (Not Going Out and Bergerac) as Joan Smith
- Ben Nealon (Soldier, Soldier) as Detective Sergeant Challoner
The novel on which the play is based is considered to be one of Rendell’s best and you can expect a keen examination of the differences between social classes in Britain in the 1970s.
Adapted for the stage by Simon Brett and Antony Lampard, this tale of deceit, despair and cover-ups is directed by Roy Marsden and promises to be an evening that will keep you firmly gripping the edge of your seat.
For more information or to purchase tickets click here.