- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: British
- Main Ingredient: Stilton
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 135g Stilton cheese
- 12 tsp Streamline Apricot Jam
- 25g chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Using a pastry cutter, cut bite sized disks (4cm wide) from the pastry and lay them onto a greased baking tray.
Pierce each disk a few times using a fork and brush with a little beaten egg. Top each with a slice of stilton, pressing it down in the middle a little. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
Take out of the oven and add about ¼ tsp of Streamline Apricot Jam to each canapé and a piece of chopped walnut. Return to the oven for 5 minutes until they’re browned. Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve warm or cold.
- 5 things to do in Devon this weekend
- QUIZ: How well do you know Devon’s literary connections?
- 11 historical pubs in Devon you have to visit
- Plan your big day the local way at Bride: The Wedding Show at Westpoint Exeter
- 23 Devon restaurants with views to dine for
- Walks in Devon: Discover the Lorna Doone legend in Exmoor
- 10 great Devon cocktail bars
- Where to see snowdrops in Devon: 9 great spots
- 23 Devon restaurants with a view to dine for
- Inside the lives of Westcountry News presenters