- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: British
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- Makes 6-8
- 275g Dark chocolate
- 225g Unsalted butter
- 400g Caster sugar
- 12 Fresh vanilla pod
- 5 Large eggs
- 200g Plain flour
- Melted butter
- Cocoa powder
For a perfect after-dinner Valentine’s treat, try these gooey-in-the-middle chocolate fondants.
• Preheat oven to 180° c • Brush your moulds with butter, dust with cocoa powder & shake out the excess. • Melt chocolate & butter in a bain marie (a heatproof bowl, over a pan of simmering water) until melted. • Remove from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla • Whisk the eggs and add the chocolate mixture to the eggs • Gently fold in the sieved flour • Pour into a Dariole mould and bake for 15 minutes. • Turn out and serve.
Blacksmith’s Loft is a fine-dining restaurant in Derby’s vibrant Cathedral Quarter. All of their ingredients used are sourced form local suppliers. www.blacksmithsloft.co.uk
Newsletter Sign Up
- 5 things to do in Devon this weekend
- WIN a Naturalmat wool duvet & pillow collection worth £225!
- 13 of the greatest Devonians: Our most famous historical figures
- How did Beer become a finalist in the Village of the Year 2018 contest?
- 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- Devon Life Food & Drink Awards 2018: Nominations are now open
- QUIZ: Devon’s film connections
- The history of Camper Coffee, Devon’s favourite mobile coffee shop
- When Winston Churchill came for tea in Stoke Canon
- 12 boho clothing items to purchase this summer