- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: British
- Main Ingredient: Chocolate
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- Makes 6-8
- 275g Dark chocolate
- 225g Unsalted butter
- 400g Caster sugar
- 12 Fresh vanilla pod
- 5 Large eggs
- 200g Plain flour
- Melted butter
- Cocoa powder
For a perfect after-dinner Valentine’s treat, try these gooey-in-the-middle chocolate fondants.
• Preheat oven to 180° c • Brush your moulds with butter, dust with cocoa powder & shake out the excess. • Melt chocolate & butter in a bain marie (a heatproof bowl, over a pan of simmering water) until melted. • Remove from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla • Whisk the eggs and add the chocolate mixture to the eggs • Gently fold in the sieved flour • Pour into a Dariole mould and bake for 15 minutes. • Turn out and serve.
Blacksmith’s Loft is a fine-dining restaurant in Derby’s vibrant Cathedral Quarter. All of their ingredients used are sourced form local suppliers. www.blacksmithsloft.co.uk
Newsletter Sign Up
- WIN a hamper of Devon food & drink delights worth £500 from Fast Track to Growth businesses
- WIN a stay at Orestone Manor with dinner, bed and breakfast
- Secret beaches in North Devon: 8 amazing secluded spots
- Author Anne Allen tells us why she loves writing in Devon
- Why has lure fishing for sea bass become so popular in Devon?
- 5 things to do in Devon this weekend
- Should you get thermodynamic solar panels to heat the water in your home?
- 24 hours in Sidmouth: A town guide
- 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon
- What is life like for residents at Fig Tree Court in Tiverton?