WIN a trip for two on the Flying Scotsman from Exeter to Bristol worth £378
PUBLISHED: 13:38 06 September 2018 | UPDATED: 16:58 21 September 2018
On Monday 8 October, the iconic Flying Scotsman steam locomotive will stop at Exeter to take passengers on a stunning steam journey to Bristol. We’ve teamed up with Steam Dreams to offer one lucky reader a pair of Premier Dining tickets for this fabulous trip, worth £378
The lucky winners will board the train at Exeter station at approximately 15:30 and will be served a two-course dinner with canapes as the train - hauled by steam locomotive 60103 Flying Scotsman (the first steam train to be clocked at 100mph), and Stanier Black Five 44871 - makes its way through the rolling hills of Devon and Somerset levels to Bristol.
The trip is one of four taking place on Flying Scotsman and Stanier Black Five 44871’s historic tour of Devon and Cornwall this October.
On Thursday 4 October, the locomotives depart Taunton traveling along the dramatic waterfront stretch from Exeter to Newton Abbot, before passing through Totnes to Plymouth.
On Saturday 6 October, the pair embark on a day return trip to Par, crossing Brunel’s famous Tamar Bridge.
On Monday 8 October, the two majestic locomotives head north taking passengers from Plymouth to Exeter, and separately from Exeter to Bristol.
All trips return diesel-hauled to their point of departure.
Passengers interested in buying tickets on Flying Scotsman for themselves, friends or family, can travel in one of four classes. Prices start from £69 per person in Premium Standard, where passengers are seated at tables of four, with crisp white tablecloths and complimentary tea and coffee at their seats.
For passengers looking to travel without compromise, Pullman Style Dining in original Metcam Pullman carriages or refurbished First Class carriages with wood panelling, comfortable seats, table lamps and curtains at the window, can be booked from £199. Here passengers can enjoy glasses of champagne and canapes before being served a two or three-course meal with a complimentary half bottle of wine per person. Champagne brunches and cream teas are served on morning or afternoon journeys.
For more information, call the booking office on 01483 209888 or visit www.steamdreams.co.uk.
To be in with a chance of winning two Premier Dining tickets worth £189 each, simply fill out the form below answer the following question:
Which steam locomotives are scheduled to haul Steam Dreams to Bristol on Monday 08 October?
The competition closes on September 30 at midnight
Terms and Conditions
1. The prize is 2 x Premier Dining tickets worth £189 each for the Flying Scotsman trip to Bristol on Monday 8th October
2. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable
3. The times stated are subject to change. Final times will be released by Network Rail 2-3 days prior to the trip and will be listed on the Steam Dreams website www.SteamDreams.co.uk
4. Tickets will usually be sent out to the winner by email 3-4 days prior to the trip
5. Should the trip be cancelled for any reason, the winner will be offered tickets to the same value for an alternative trip
6. Steam Dreams reserves the right to change locomotives, destinations or routes to facilitate the completion of the tour
7. Our chef is happy to cater for specific diets. Should you have special dietary requirements please advise us up to a week before travel. We try our best to cater for allergies or severe dislikes of some foods, but cannot guarantee that all our food will be totally nut, garlic or gluten free as it is prepared in kitchens where traces of nuts, garlic and flour may be found.